Monday, March 9, 2009

How did Brock get that?

Seriously......do I need to say more? This was our calendar for February. People don't understand when I say we are BUSY!!! Thank goodness we are in March, I am hoping we use a little less ink this month!

How funny is this...2 days after Bryce lost is first tooth...the other tooth came out! I kept asking Bryce, "Are you brushing your teeth everyday, because your teeth are just falling out". I guess that explains why he is brushing his teeth every hour.....enamel is about gone. Ha! He was so proud & excited again....MONEY!!
Brock had Rodeo Day at school. However, he kept repeatedly asking me over & over if he was coming home with me- WHAT- it is only 10:00. As a mommy with a million things to do, I still had at least 4 hours left! Instead, I decided to bring him & Lilly back home & we played games & just relaxed. Relax, yes let me use different wording, tired, fatigue, or no energy. Well, under these definitions you would see "Brock's " name. Brock has recently been acting very tired, he has kicked in with taking naps again & just been a couch potato. So, I was asking friends & family of my concern with his feeling of tiresome lately. The responses ranged from, "Just be thankful for the naps, enjoy it, or take him in to get checked out". I decided that this was not my Brock Davis, so we headed in to see Dr. LaCour. I was thinking maybe Brock was anemic or on the start of getting a nasty bug, but he wasn't showing any symptoms. Anyways, 3 vials of blood later, Brock has Mono!! Mono, what? Where did he get that? No way, he just got over the worst straind of the flu 4-6 weeks ago. Mono? What? How? Okay, so tell me about this, because I have never had it & was not to familiar with it. Actually, I was still in shock, but glad to have finally gotten an answer. Who had Brock been kissing?? Ha! The tiredness can last up to several months, so I am hoping he is at the tail end of it, which I know he is, because he isn't showing an symptoms. Poor Brock, he has really been hit hard this year with VIRUSES!!!! Viruses stay away from us! On the flip side, Lilly & Bryce have brushed off all these viruses (knock on wood), undoubtedly, have remained healthy.
Speaking of Lilly, she has been growing & growing. However, just straight up! She is so skinny around her waist & under her belly. Ha! Also, her foot is once again a triple narrow! She grew out of all of her shoes, so we headed to Stride Rite. Lilly literally tried on every shoe in the store & all but 2 fit! Thank goodness, Lilly likes to play dress up, she was such a great sport. Anyways, I got the 2 pair of shoes that she could wear & I could not get my 3 fingers in. If you put your 2 fingers together, that is how wide Lilly's foot is. It isn't even wide, but so skinny & narrow. She has feet like her mommy, long & skinny with a high arch. Here we come Nike!! So, I went back to another shop & got Lilly some Pedipeds (they are the best shoes for narrow feet). I wish Lilly could wear the Lelli Kelly shoes (love all the sequence), but they are made for girls with wide feet, the total opposite of what Lilly needs (believe me, I called them). UGH!! It should be fun when we go "Croc shopping" for the boys, because Lilly so desperately wants the pink ones. Sorry Lilly, maybe next year!

Lilly playing cowgirl!

Lilly with Poppy at Kayla's track meet.

I still love her in PINK!! (Lilly wore all pink for the first 15months of her life) HA!
Poor Brock trying to fight off the "MONO" tiredness.
After a busy February month!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Lilly is sure growing up and she is so cute in pink.
I followed her story on carepages and she has come a long ways.
Sorry to hear about the virus that your son has had.
Maybe we all need warm weather.
God bless

Leyla said...

I hope Brock gets back to being himself...and your calendar is crazy girl! Hopefully March is a little more relaxed with Spring Break in there.

Shanan & Shannon said...

Poor Brock - I can't believe that! Bless his little heart. Your kidos are way too cute and growing like little weeds. I love the picture of your calendar - that's the kind that every mom needs, although I might be afraid that something would get erased. Grant-Man is crying...must run. Love you!