Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here we come Spring Break!!

What a different turn in direction the weather made today. It was cold, rainy, & just simply ugly outside. You never know when to clean out winter clothes here in Houston?? One minute it is 80 degrees, then you wake up freezing the next morning; dragging back out the sweaters & coats. YUCK!
I can honestly say I am ready for the kids to be on SPRING BREAK next week! This will be Bryce's first..awww! Yes, I know I will probably cry tomorrow when I pick him up from school. HA! We have met the most amazing people & friends this year. I am so excited to get to spend time with them over this break. We are planning on doing & going everywhere here in Houston...the Zoo, Space Center, Pump It Up, Rodeo (w/kids), Children's Museum & much more play dates. I know everything is going to be crowded, but what isn't going to be this week? I am not going to not go, because of this reason. For one, this is Bryce's first Spring Break & Lilly & Brock are doing great in school.

Many ask about Lilly..she is going exceptionally well!!! She has developed a big immune system, has broaden her horizons at school, she knows so many songs, made such wonderful, lifetime friends & has truly lived! I say lived, because I sheltered her for the first 2 years of her life, while she was on synagis. Yes, Lilly qualified for synagis 2 years in a row, which is very hard to do(medically & trying to get insurance to cover it-$1200 a shot, once a month). However, I am tired of putting her in a bubble(she has gotten all her 5 medical releases) and to be quite frankly, all my kids got some of the nastiest bugs & viruses when they stayed at home with me. I could never explain how they got it, because I am obsessed with germs. I am also OCD when it comes to a clean house. I have just learned you can shelter them...but from what? They still get sick no matter what, no matter how much you protect them. Getting some sort of sickness, may it be a cold or a virus is just all living & breathing in nature. So, yes we are going exploring next week, & mommy is excited to have all three wild monkeys all day together again! HOORAY!

Bryce is having western day tomorrow at school. They are stirring up a big pot of chili! So, I am excited for him about getting to help cook it. We got him some cowboy attire today to wear tomorrow at school. It looks a little weird on Bryce, because he dresses preppy or sporty. So, this is a whole new look for him. I didn't spend much money on his rodeo wear today, just because it will probably never get worn again. Everyday after school goes like this.....Bryce & Brock come home from school & their clothes are already off before they hit the stairs. Seriously, it is like they have ants crawling on them or something. HA! But, they head upstairs & immediately put on their Under Armour stuff(man do I wish they would come down in price). This all determines if it is clean??? Also, if we are having people over, going outside or somewhere. If none of that is occurring then they stay in their boxes the rest of the day. Why buy clothes???

Brock got moved up in his gymnastics class! He was excited to move up to a "BIG BOY" class. Little did Brock know he is definitely in the big boy class. All the boys are a year older than Brock. This class is what looks like to be a conditioning class. My muscles ache just watching...the RINGS....OUCH! I think Brock missed the "Mountain", which is a big mountain with slides & platforms to jump off of into the sponge blocks. They got to go to the mountain the last 8-10 minutes of class. But, not in his new class! WAKE UP CALL!!! He is on the big boy side now. It is just amazing how strong these little guys are. I do have to mention this, because this sums up Brock to a "T". I asked the coach after practice if he thinks Brock will be okay in this class(due to his age). He responded back w/o any hesitation, "Oh yes, Brock is WILD, he is a natural, because he is so fearless!!" OK!! That is all I needed to know about Brock Davis!!!

Brock Davis

Brock & Grant at "Mom & Me" night at school.

Brock is in the middle, doing the splits. OUCH!

No comments: