Sunday, September 28, 2008

Soccer Players!













We are getting into the whole scheme of what it means to have a routine & commit to it. With all the kids having different schedules, there isn't anything left, but to have a day-by-day schedule. I will have to admit, I really like it also- kids in bed by 8:00!

I can now say I am officially a soccer MOM. I have the car(mini van) & now the kids. This weekend was the first weekend both boys conjoined & played soccer on the same day, but different places & times. These are the times when you wish you could be two places at once. Can't imagine when Lilly starts having weekend activities. I guess then it would be three places at once!! Mercy! Bryce did an awesome job of working his ball into the goal(Mommy wasn't there to see, but heard)!! Brock was a little more overwhelmed with all the swarming of parents & kids. However, Brock did get going the second game(yes, Brock played back to back) & played his little heart out. For the first time I can honestly say he was...... exhausted! This is very unusual for him. Then, after a great morning of watching soccer, we got to enjoy Shane's company over lunch. It was a very special, but needed treat for all of us, since we have not gotten to eat with Daddy in a month. It felt wonderful, but that was pushed aside when I thought about him only getting a couple hours of sleep that day(he got up early to watch the boys play) & then having to return back to work in a couple of hours. Shane is my bear, he could HIBERNATE forever! So, him not getting much sleep really thru him off. However, this Saturday Shane will FINALLY get a day off. YEAH!!!! He will return to his normal shift on Tuesday. The kids & I are so excited to have some Daddy time. The kids are going to probably think Shane lost his job, when he doesn't leave the house before 5:00.-too funny. Well we are so grateful & thankful for him & can't wait till Saturday. I also wanted to Congratulate my sister-in-law Kim, who received her Aggie ring-WHOOP!

No comments: