Sunday, September 21, 2008

Don't Blink!


Daddy, gone in the blink of an eye, is what the past week has been like. The kids & I miss him terribly; however, he is the one who is indwelling all the sacrifices. I am at home with the kids & he is out there w/o us everyday! Poor guy, when is the city going to let up? I guess I would be alittle more understanding if the city didn't bring in herds of cops from every surrounding city. I know they are here to help, but help these HPD officers who need to go home & live a normal 24hr life. We only get to spend a few hours with him, then he is off to work-AGAIN! I don't know how I am going to manage- both boys soccer practice & games? I know Shane would take my place in a heartbeat, so I better quit complaining. I will say this, when Shane does get some time off(if the city would stop adding more wks of work) we are going on vacation! Shane has worked more than 100hrs of overtime! Can you believe that - Insane!

I am glad to report that my parents just received their power back on!!! On the other hand, my mother-in-law is still w/o electricity! What a pain.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You poor thing! I can't even imagine the stress Shane feels at work and the stress you feel at home. Hurricane Ike has really disrupted life for so many. Hang in there!

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear that Shane has to work so many hours. I'm sure there is a lot of stress for everyone. Just hang in there.
God bless you.

April Drolet said...

Ambra,
I'm so sorry that Shane is gone so much...you're on my mind and in my prayers.You're stronger than you think.I've seen it!
Shane,
Thank you for protecting my hometown where all my family is. Your labor is not in vain. You are very appreciated.

Shanan & Shannon said...

I am so sorry that things are so crazy for your family. Hopefully Shane's schedule will get better soon and he'll be home more than a couple of hours a day. Hurricanes are awful on so many levels. I'm so glad your mom and dad have power...what a mess. We love you!