Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Brock & Lilly's First Day of school!

All there bags, lunch kits & nap mats ready to be loaded in the car!! I pray God reminds me to get everything every morning!
























Today, Brock started preschool & Lilly started Mother's Day Out. Brock was loving the whole idea of going to school & being able to get out of the car by the teachers. He thinks he is a big boy like Bryce being a car rider! However, Lilly was not feeling the same vibe Brock was. "I want to stay w/ mommy" she repeatedly said. It broke my heart to see her crying, along with the other kids crying, because mommy left. Lilly being my third child & previously doing thru this with Bryce & Brock; knowing this is completely normal for them to go thru this. The key is to stay consistent. NO consistency is only hurting them, esp. in the long run. Say a quick goodbye & leave. Bryce & Brock all did the same thing & have managed to love school when they are there. Every morning they ask dreadingly if they have to go to school, like it is an option! I have always been a routine & organized person- eat, bath, brush teeth, play & then book in bed. Now, I am overly obsessed with a schedule. Everything has to be done & kids in bed by 8pm. If it is 8:15 I am nervous of us getting completely off schedule & worry about the kids not getting enough sleep for school. I know what it is like when they are tired in the morning- BEARS!! Heaven forbid they act like that for their teachers. The nice thing about my kids, they act accordingly to our adjustments. They still don't understand why they are in bed & the sun is still out! I just have to remind them that they are getting up when it is dark. Brock surprisingly blurred out, "What mom, in the middle of the night with all the raccoons & animal night hunters." This is why I love them so much, just full of questions & answers.

1 comment:

Leyla said...

Hey Ambra!

I found your blog through CyFalls Alumni website. Your kids are so cute...and I can't believe how much Lily has grown. Anyway, I enjoyed reading and catching up. I'm in the process of trying to find a pediatrician and I'm definitely going to check our insurance for Dr. LaCour. Anyway...I'm glad I found your blog...check mine out at www.theriebels.blogspot.com

Leyla