Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Deliberation

After much deliberation, Shane & I decided to keep the blog public. Due, to the overflow on our carepages and home received emails. It is impossible to keep up. We started carepages in the first place to update on Lilly's daily battle fighting for survival. We have had thousands of people from all over the world pray and keep status with us. It would be selfish to eliminate them! POWER of PRAYER!! That brings us back to the status of Shane's job. Yes, he does deal with a lot of high profile gangs, but truthfully anyone can get any information they desire. That is the absurd part about it, none of us can hide where we live, no matter how much money you pay. I think Shane will have an extra pray everyday when he goes to work, due to our support system.

Now, on to me....I feel guilty on neglecting the "Blog World". I have honestly been up to my neck..with school work, bows, or being a mommy. Everyone is doing great...we are slipping thru the cracks of getting sick!!! Can't get over how many people are still so sick. It hit us last month, which was the first time in a long time we had went to the doctor. I went to the doctor(reg. primary) last month for the flu (so much for the vaccine). It was the first time back since 2004. CRAZY!!! I was either pregnant or nursing, so I just used my OB for filler prescriptions on sinus stuff.

Bryce is doing get in school. He loves to read & has started chapter books. I am not use to no pictures. Where did they go? He is getting ready for baseball, can't wait to see him in those tight little pants-such a cutie!!

Brock is growing like a weed. He has become so sweet lately. Not that he isn't a sweet kid, but he has so much determination & stubbornness in him. It was becoming very challenging. I would often ask myself, does he even like me? But, Brock is the child who is your friend, depending on your answer. If you say yes, well he just loves you & hugs/kisses, but the minute you say no.... enemy. However, I have learned that no matter what, Brock needs us. He is now wanting more affection. I just eat it up, because Brock is coming out of his nut shell. He wants me to carry him, which I do and wants more me time. He is accelerating in gymnastics and also begins t-ball next month.

Lilly has been growing also, I say growing, but I mean growth spurts. She is getting so tall! Shorts starting to look like "Daisy Dukes"!ha She is all caught up with sizes and development for her age. People always ask me if Lilly gets sick real easy do to her prematurity? I have talked to Lilly's doctors at TCH (pedi &neonatologists) and have all said that preemies develop at their own pace, however by age 2 basically preemie excuses are no longer valid, unless due to previous surgeries, vision, hearing or some sort of disability. Other than that, Lilly being sick is not an excuse of her prematurity! She can get a cold, runny nose like anyone else. RSV is harder to contract the older you get. Lilly was on synagis for 2 years of her life, because of her chronic lung disease and frequently in/out of hospital trips for breathing treatments. My boys were premature also and have been thriving! Lilly just got a slower start, but is thriving also. Dr. LaCour always laughs when I ask him about...well is this related to her prematurity or is that a cause of this? He always responds, "Ambra look at her, she is healthy and on the chart. She was born a preemie, today she is a healthy toddler"! I know I am babbling, but it gets frustrating when people think I should shelter her. She is full of energy, like her brothers and continues to learn and gain more knowledge everyday. For instance, we asked her where she wanted to have her birthday party at? Lilly answers, "I want to have my party at the park with the swings and my friends". I told her that it could rain & everyone would get wet, so why don't we pick another place? Lilly pauses..... then responds, "There is a pavilion at the park"!!! She is always a step ahead of me. Anyhow, we came to the conclusion of doing it at the gymnastics facility, not that her outspoken idea wasn't good enough, but just to much work for Shane & I. ha

Bryce & I ice skating

Brock and Lilly cooking up something tasty!


Lilly at gymanstics
Brock doing his thing.

No comments: