Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Reason for the Season

My favorite & the best part of Christmas....the birth of Jesus. I love explaining & telling the story of Jesus's birthday to my kids. My kids are at the age where their minds are like sponges. They adsorb every detail & ask every question. However, I don't think they can grasp it all! So, it all became surreal to them when I took them to Bethlehem at a church nearby. Our good friends were Mary & Joseph, along with their precious baby Logan- she was baby Jesus. Inside the church they had it set up like Bethlehem. You could walk to about 10 different stations each showing the kids different things, like baking bread, making olive oil, making a broom, candles & the lay out of the manger with baby Jesus in it. It was breath taking!


No comments: