Sunday, August 24, 2008

The First Time!

Bryce is starting Kindergarten tomorrow! His first day of school is less than 24 hours away? Where has time gone...too fast for me, as if it is like sand slipping thru each finger of my hand. I can't grasp it, but yet I can feel it! I told Shane I feel like I had just gotten to see my precious baby boy in the NICU for the first time. I was shortened my time of pregnancy(by 6 weeks), but yet he was HERE! The first here to be loved, held, fed, his protector, teacher & now his parents. There is a first for everything...
- first pregnancy
- first born
- first to leave behind in the NICU
- first haircut
- first tooth
- first holidays
- first soccer game
- first EVERYTHING!
However, it doesn't justify knowing you are sending your first born off to a lifetime of school, when I feel like I just got him home from the hospital.

I guess for me, a stay at home mom, I am use to being with Bryce for all hours of the day. Now, he will attend 35hours a week away from me! I will admit I like to have a little mommy time(keeps me sane), but now he will be gone. I know he is going to have a wonderful time & I am so proud to see what path God has chosen for him. Bryce is a sensitive, full hearted little boy who has great words of wisdom. Bryce's words can move the dark clouds out of the sky for the sun to shine. When you least expect it, Bryce will tell you how beautiful you are or how much he loves to have you here with him. Such a thankful little soul. Now I know where his sister gets it from. If you could please pray that Bryce & I get through tomorrow. Maybe, a little more for me- I am going to need it!

No comments: