Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day at the Dentist

We all loaded up today & headed to see the dentist for the first time. What an adventure it was. Honestly, when is it not when you have three kids under the age of 5. I will have to say, the staff was ready & in full force to take this crew on! After filling out paper work after paper work(x3), we were led to the back for x-rays of their teeth. I will have to admit, the kids did very well. Shane also had a good time, maybe it has something to do with the fact that the kids dentist is an AGGIE! They talked about football & more football; okay why are we here? It was kinda funny to hear him ask questions about Lilly's prematurity. He had no idea what NEC was..or ROP? So, I found it amusing explaining to a doctor about it all. You could definitely tell he was a dentist & not a medical doctor. Overall, The kids took to him very well. Lilly did exceptionally well for her age, so the nurse said. Almost two hours later, we walked out with three happy kids; kids walked out with stickers, toothbrush, toothpaste & floss. What a pleasant & first time to conquer out the first trip to the dentist!

Everyone did hop on the scale today...the resluts are in, Bryce 47lbs, Brock 37lbs & Lilly missed the cut off to 25 lbs. To bad it wasn't 27lbs, then it would have been 27, 37 & 47lbs!! Now, that is a good way to remember! All the kids are growing like weeds. Speaking of kids...I ran into one of the parents from Bryce's preschool today. I was blown away to hear that her child has been in three camps, MDO & went to stay with relatives for a week?! What? I don't know if it is just me, but I want to be with my kids... I actually enjoy spending time with them. I know that am a little partcial since Bryce will be going to kindergarten; okay maybe A LOT, but still! We have been so busy doing things together...there was not any free time. They have been in swim lessons, gymnastics twice a week, going to the pool, movies & just enjoying having our friends come over & share memorable moments. What is better than that!!! However, a mommy's day out is always due every now & then. I just feel that these moments in life are the ones that you have to take advantage of. Take advantage of spending time with them, teaching them, loving & cuddling with them. They are so precious & ready to learn!
For those of you who do not know, we are in our house!! YEAH! We have been here for a couple of months. Still getting settled in with pictures...pictures....& more pictures. I didn't know I was a camera fanatic! All the pictures are so cute & I want to place them all out, but lets face it they are way to many. So, I am still sorting thru them; hopefully, I will have them all up & shining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that you all had a good visit to the dentist: I believe it depends on our overall attitudes weather our families will enjoy it. Unfortunately, my husband Shawn hasn't had the same wonderful experience that I have had.

I've been keeping updated with the progress of Lily & well, that is how I cam across your blog was via the link that you left there.

I love your background image that makes up your site & went there & I'm going to use their tutorial in order to make my own background for my G-Blog.

We learn something new everyday. Thanks, I'm glad I followed the link you left, via CarePages.

Sharon said...

I also have been following Lilly's progress and I was elated the day that you took her home.
I also came here via the link you left thank you.
I hope to keep up with you and your beautiful family.
I also believe that you must enjoy them daily while they are young because they grow up so fast.
I can attest to that since mind are grown and married with kids of their own. I must say looking back I always wondered where the years went.
Your kids are so cute.
Have a nice day and weekend.

Shanan & Shannon said...

Who hoo Cous', I found you! Love the blog. You better keep posting and I can't wait to see pics from the weekend. It was great spending time with you. We miss ya'll so much and can't wait to be back in Texas together. Love you, your 3 boys, and precious Lilly.